Pages

Thursday 16 April 2020

Math in lockdown

For my maths this week our goal was to use a broad range of strategies to solve addition and subtraction problems with whole numbers and or decimals.

We had to make a screencastify showing how to do Rounding and Compensating,
Equal Adjustments or Reversibility I choose Equal adjustment.

Next I had to choose a practice question out of all he ones we did I choose 7652 - 1990.

After that I had to make the screencastify solving the question of we choose which we choose, with one of the three strategies that we picked.

I made a slide and screen recorded it using screencastify.

The next day I had to go onto a video call and show my group and teacher my screencastify. (I just showed my slide)

Here is my slide.



I hope you enjoyed it and if you didn't already know how to do equal adjustments with whole numbers I hope you've learned something new?
What was math goal and create task?
What are you doing in math?
Are you enjoying the learning from home?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Frankie
    Great to see you working from home. I was unable to watch your video, there may be permission settings you need to change so I can see it. Let me know if you can fix this.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Steve,
      unfortunately I could not fix the video problem but I have put up the slide I made if you want to cheek that out insteed.
      Thank you,Frankie

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post